Monday, May 22, 2006

Mexican passion...

Want to hear something cool? Try the Dutch/Mexican/American gothic/prog (?) band Stream of Passion, and their album Embrace the Storm. Back in Numbtown I had the chance to listen (and to meet) to Marcela Bovio and Alejandro Millan, with their other band, Elfonia. Bovio's beautiful, mysterious singing is just hipnotizing, while Millan's progressive keyboards are enough to make you jump out of your seat. Add to that a couple of virtuoso bandmates and you have a feast for your ears. Having said this, I just have to admit that even though Elfonia is a great band, and I love most of their songs, sometimes their music is hard to digest. You have to be in a certain mood to hear them. It's not the same with Stream of Passion; we have metal guitars, gothic vocals and songs that are easy to follow. Yeah, blame me for loving catchy songs. Anyway, just go to their website and download for free a couple of their songs. From Stream of passion, I truly recommend Haunted, Open your eyes or Deceiver. As for Elfonia, I recommend ...de los libros el tiempo and ... de todas mis heridas.
Enjoy!