Saturday, July 08, 2006

Behold, the BLOGWARS!!!!

On this corner is Ms. Mysterious, sexy, powerful and ahm..mysterious, trying to make the world a better place for people with good taste to live in. On the other corner is Rob, former Zdex, who just thinks that crappy plots are okay to watch as long as a guy flies.
(For those of you who just tuned in, I am complaining about this post made my Rob about the Superman Returns movie)
First of all, I totally agree, it was entertaining. I also had a good time. In fact I will be watching it again soon. It IS Superman after all. Having said this... I can't remain silent when I see someone writing "Is it Batman Begins good? Could be...". In NO way could it even be considered as being as good as Batman Begins. Period. Batman's character and mythology is totally respected and even raised to a totally different level for us geeks to love.

"He's afraid how many regular people are going to get hurt if he doesn't get the job done. Batman never thinks he has the weight of the world or even his city on his shoulders."
HELLO??!!!!! Batman doesn't even have a LIFE because he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He's so eager to see justice done and help prevent people from suffering what he suffered, that he devoted his whole life to that. And no, he doesn't have superpowers as Superman. He bleeds. He dies, just like everyone of us, which show us just how committed to make the world a better and safer place to live in. So yes, I am sorry. The job gets him. Even more than to Superman.

And I'm not even going to talk about what you think of the kid and the piano scene and all that. Or maybe I will. Damn. "What I didn't like specifically? The piano scene. If they'd skipped that entirely and the only real "clue" that the kid was super was him spotting Superman in the water, that would've worked better with the reveal at the end."
Reveal? End? You're missing the whole point! Don't mind the piano scene and the mystery and revelations. It's just lame thing that Superman has a kid. PEEERIOD.
(and no, I have no problem with Supes having kids, but it took almost 60 years to finally getting him to marry. We could all have waited another 60 to finally let him had a kid. Just read my post about this.)

So yes, just as you, the movie entertained me too. It has some pretty awesome things. But it is not even close to be considered as good as Batman Begins. And it has big plot and character problems. But I guess you couldn't see that with those 3d lenses. Hmm...