Thursday, February 22, 2007

Yo sinners... he did it



Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!

- Rocky Balboa (2006)
Is Stallone a good writer or what?

I FINALLY got to see Rocky Balboa. They are finally showing it in Kangarooland (yeah, almost 2 months later after they released it everywhere else), and maaaan, it was worth the wait. I just loved it. I'll say it in a few words: Stallone is an amazing writer. Really. 30 years have passed since the first Rocky, and he still knows perfectly what each of the original characters would say in any situation. The characters have grown, they're older, but still, they're as alive as the first time you saw them. They're old friends you didn't know how much you missed until you saw them again.
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. I know, I'm ranting, in the middle of the night, about a hero, a made up character, that is just so frackin inspiring that I just have to write something about him. About how I met him again after so many years, and how he inspired me, one more time.

Everyone thought Rocky was going to be a flop. That he was crazy, but as Marie tells Rocky, It doesn't matter how this looks to other people. If this is something you gotta do, then you do it. Fighters fight.

Stallone did it. And not just he pulled it off, but he ended Rocky's story on a high note. For that Mr. Stallone, I salute you. Thanks for giving us a hero, one last time.

Labels: