Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Cute, deadly, and sinful old guys dressed as penguins

The day has come. I never thought it would be possible, I always thought it was just
talking, that it was one of those things that would never happen. But I was wrong. It
happened.
Pierce Brosnan is no longer James Bond.

A minute of silence, a via cruxis, ten hail mary's and self- flagelation
.......
..........
Ok I can live with those 5 seconds of silence.

Well, apparently it's over, (although is not the first time we hear this rumor), but let's
grieve now, just in case.Brosnan started the role in 1995 with the release of Goldeneye. The film was well received by both critics and audience, who apparently were at last satisfied with who took up with the role. Timothy Dalton portrayed Bond before him in The Living Daylights and License to kill,  but for most, Dalton was never good enough for the role. BUT let me tell you that I believe he was wonderful. The guy showed us the humanity in Bond. He bled, cried, and had second  thoughts about the job. And even though he only made two movies, I have to confess one of my favorite Bond movies of all time is License to Kill. LUV IT. And yes, I've seen them all. I know the dialogues by heart of some of them.Now you ask yourselves, why the hell she is writing about James Bond flicks? Well, it all goes back to my childhood (this is the moment when the special effects come in and you see the blurry flashback of a cute little girl with pig tails holding a vhs videocassete on her hands); The first action movie I ever saw was Roger Moore's For your eyes only. I was six, and from that moment I fell in love with the explosions, the romance, the vodka martinis; love when you know that the guy that helps Bond is going to die in a really painful way; I love to see all the bad guys tell their evil plan to Bond just when they think he is about to die, and how Bond kills them, saves the day and get's the girl.
Ooooh that's how life should be. No, I don't want to get the girl. No, I have nothing against it. Yes, I prefer the cute english guy with the Aston Martin. Or BMW.  Yes, I want the convertible. ...
Anyway...
So, yes, I got a little sidetracked, but the thing is, since I grew up watching all these
movies, with great actors who gave their personal touch to Bond, such as Sean -please be
mine- Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and Pierce -take me- Brosnan (no, I didn't forget
George Lazenby. Love On your majesty's secret service, but I'm not crazy about the guy as Bond). What really concerns me at this point, whether Brosnan signs up for the next Bond movie to be shot in January, my question is :
Who will be the next Bond? Who has the class, the charisma, the elegance, the looks?

I've been asking myself that question for some years now. Some of the names that have been
sounding lately are Clive Owen, Ioan Gruffudd, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Gerard Butler, Jude
Law, Ewan McGregor, Hugh Jackman and Eric Bana.
There are a some names I really don't see as Bond. Hugh Jackman? no class. Hugh Grant? too
cute. Eric Bana? too..ahm....green.I don't know. I have faith they will make the right choice. Thank good Orlando Bloom is too
young to be considered. Yes, there are IDIOTS who still believe the guy can act. OPEN YOUR
EYES! he is just...nice. He lacks character. Ok maybe someday he'll grow up to be a man. Yes
I loved him as Legolas. I love pointy ears. And bows. And guys that hunt orcs.

Ok need my prozac. I'll go now to talk to myself. Hmm....it's more or less what I've been doing here right?  hellooooooo? anybody outhere????? echo !! echooo echooo e.. oh shut up.