Thursday, August 12, 2004

Spandex convention every weekend. Bring your cape.

The JLA cartoons (yeah, I'm in cartoon mode, any complaints?) made a small change. Besides the change of name, the Justice League is having more company. JLA started with Superman, Batman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Flash and Wonder Woman. I remember the first time I saw them. I was so happy that someone had finally made a cartoon featuring great superheros,that I could not believe it. But to be honest, even though I enjoyed the episodes, something bothered me. Superman was really weak. He was on the floor half of the time on each episode. That was not the Superman I loved! He's supposed to be superstrong! Indestructable! He can lift buildings, even mountains! And the guy that was on TV seemed like a bad copy. And those cheek bones didn't make him look cute. (hey! THAT'S important too) Anyway, time passed and things got better. And better. And now we have a little extra:
Justice League Unlimited.
This means, basically a LOT of superheros will join this guys on each new episode!
"Initiation" was the first episode of the season, and I almost fell out of the chair when I saw the superheroe "guest star"

OLLIE.

MY. GOD. Is he cute or what? Sorry, love the guy. Love the comic books, starting with Kevin Smith's trade"Quiver" (some day I'll write more about that, you won't escape from me!)
Where was I? oh yeah, the episode also features Captain Atom and Supergirl, also with John Stewart with a new and improved look. I liked the episode. A lot. The only complain I have is the music. Please stop those bad keyboard riffs! My ears! My head! It HURTS you inhuman bastards!
Anyway, by the moment it ended, I wanted more. And more. And more. So I saw episode 2: "For the Man who has everything", based on the comic book by the same name, by no one else but your highness ALAN MOORE. And OH YES it ruled! Batman and Wonder Woman arriving to the fortress of solitude with birthday gifts for Superman, only to find him in BIG trouble. Won't say more. See it. Read it.

My only problem with JLU? the opening credits. If you don't want to know what's going to happen in the episode you're about to see, close your eyes. Trust me on this one. Yes, you can open them when the opening credits end.

So, watch JLU. Enjoy all the superheros you'll get to see. And if you are geek enough you can even make bets with your friends to see how many characters you know! Yehaa! Who said us geeks don't know how to have fun?

Gotta go now. People are throwing rocks at me.