Thursday, July 21, 2005

Beam me up, one last time.

One of the things that I love about Mr. Marshmallow is that he lives in a constant denial when he's asked about whether his a Trekie or not. He says that he's not, but then he explains to you how the each of the enterprise spaceships work (yes, there are different enteprises). I'm still pretty sure that somewhere in his apartment there's a pajama that looks just like a Federation uniform. Oh, I really must love him.
Anyway, he will be very sad to hear that James Doohan, aka Scotty, died today. I can't remember how many times I saw Star Trek as a kid. Good memories... And even though a death is always sad, you got to admit that having your ashes thrown into space is something REALLY cool.

Live long and prosper, Scotty, wherever you are now.