Thursday, May 04, 2006

I am not a number , I am a free man!

Just when I thought this was going to be a regular Friday, without surprises, I read that Chris Eccleston (ex Doctor Who) will be Number Six, in the six episode miniseries remake of The Prisioner. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, The Prisoner tells the story of Secret Agent No. 6, that after resigning he's captured and held prisoner in The Village. So, No. 6 is basically trying to escape from it all the time.
The funny thing is that, it was only until last week when I started watching this series! And let me tell you, I'm loving every second of it. The imagination and surrealism, the concepts about loss ofindividualityy and control... I don't know, I'm still amazed how advanced this TV show was for its time. Anyway, I know some of you might consider making a remake of the Prisoner somewhat of a capital sin, but what the hell, let's see this remake as an homage and not as something that's trying to take the place of the original series, 'cause let's face it. It would be just like trying to escape the village: Virtually impossible.