Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Back in 1973...


She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot
- Life on Mars


Yeah, that's me. Nervous. What's going to happen today? What will I watch that will make me laugh, that will make my heart race, that will make me feel alive?

Let me explain. Yesterday was an great day, in terms of TV shows. I finally watched Doctor Who's Utopia, (awesome, but I'll rant about it later). The thing is, Mr. Marshmallow and I finished watching Life on Mars second season. I know, I know, this is old news for most of you, since the show ended a while ago. But for us, humble blog gods, it was a new experience. I suppose I don't need to say how AMAZING this show is. It's funny, exciting, intelligent. I won't say more. I fell in love with both DCI Hunt and DC Tyler. And to be honest, I'm not quite sure I want to watch the spin off, Ashes to Ashes, to be set on the 80's. There are things that you just have to let go. Life on Mars ended on a high note, after two seasons. Yeah, I would love to keep on watching it for years and years, but it probably would have lost part of what makes it so special. It is one of those shows that need to end. You need to end with the mystery, you know? And avoid doing the same mistake they did with shows like Lost for example, or even The Prisoner (don't kill me, just think of the last episodes that lost a little bit of what the show was supposed to be) Is not like Doctor Who that can keep going forever and ever.

Anywa, this phrase stuck in the back of my mind, and I can't stop hearing it
You know you're alive when you can feel....

How alive am I? How alive do you feel now? How much of our lives we spent sedated, just following a routine, pretending we're living?... I feel I'm in a coma, and the only time I see light is when my mind wonders beyond the limits of this life, beyond the confinement of the years, the hours, the days of life, beyond the limited space we fill, beyond the rules, beyond what life should be. I guess I mean, when I dream. I've always been convinced that at night, we leave this world and live a second life in other realms... A life much more confusing maybe (is that even possible?), but definitely more interesting. I'm ranting uncontrollably now. You see? That's why I stopped blogging. I can't control any of my ideas, and most of them make no sense at all. Hopefully no one will read this, and I won't be sent to my padded cell. I don't know, I guess I'm just tired from looking life from the outside. I guess I just have to find a better way to make this the dream world, the life over the rainbow.

Anyway, I'm off now. Enough ranting for one day.

Labels: