Friday, September 17, 2004

With a little help from my friends

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!
- Independence day (1994)

Yeah, today's our Independence day here in Mexico. This is the day we celebrate the fact that we don't go to work and that we can drink tequila and beer all night long. But Oh! Not me. Yesterday morning, my friends and I decided to let our wild instincts rule, (No, sadly not THAT kind of wild instincts). We decided to go into the nature and prove ourselves worthy before the gods of earth. We were on a mission: to survive adversity, to become once again warriors, and most important of all, to eat smores.
Great things came out of this trip. Besides having a great time exploring, swimming in the river, climbing walls like spiderman (only without the powers), getting a sexy tan, having a near death experience by the cliff, and sleeping in the rain, I rediscovered my friends. You know, they never cease to amaze me. It's in these kind of situations, when your life is on the line, when you realize you're surrounded by heros. Yeah, they're always there, but somehow in the rush of everyday life, you forget to look. I don't know, I guess this is my way to say thanks to my true friends (you know who you are, dammit) for the inspiration, for never giving up, for caring and not letting me drown or fall into a cliff, for making me feel...at home.
So, sinners! Look around you. You might find interesting who's next to you, and if you don't, get the hell away as soon as possible and find some true friends. Someone you admire. The kind that even though they realize you're NOT perfect, they stick around and help you along the way. And yes...the kind that teach you how to make a decent smore.