Sunday, November 28, 2004

The death, the maidens and Ms. Mysterious words of wisdom

I've always loved Batman comics. So, when I bought the trade The death and the maidens, (by Greg Rucka and Klaus Janson) I thought it would be one of stories that would stay with me for a long time. Sadly, this was not the case.
Ra's Al Ghul is finally dying and the only one who can help him prevent that is the Dark Knight, who will be offered a chance of a lifetime: To speak with with his dead parents.
You gotta to admit this sounds really promising. What would Bruce's parents think about his life as the Batman? Would they be proud or dissapointed? How would Bruce react to that? Would he change the way he lives?
So I read the comic. Issue after issue. And sadly it never hook me. Yeah, he talks with his parents. But it's not interesting as it should. Maybe it's just me, but I never simpathized with what was happening in the story. And I LOVE Batman's character.
So the question is, should you read it or not?.
Read it. ( although it should not be your first option). Greg Rucka is a great writer, sadly this is not one of his best jobs.
But hey, that's just Ms. Mysterious humble opinion.
See ya later, sinners.