Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Bizarre movie night - Waking life

I'm the kind of person that dreams every night. And most of the time I remember everything that happened in my dreams. I' ve always wondered if I'm really dreaming, or if I'm living another life, in another place, dreaming of this life. Which life is true? How much control we have in dreams? Or by that means, how much control we have in our lives?
I saw Waking life yesterday. Written and directed by Richard Linklater, this fantastic animated drama leaves you thinking about life and it's meaning. About the search and awareness of our own humanity. The movie is basically a compilation of interviews with different characters, who give their unique point of view about life and death. Linklater's proposal is unique. He filmed the actors to later transfer them into animation, giving you this psychedelic, animated dream- like look. So yeah, maybe sometimes it gets too philosophical. Or slow. You got to be patient, but believe me, it's worth your time.
So if I start filling this blog with some of the movie's quotes, be patient. It's Christmas time and there's not enough prozac in the world to keep me sane.