Sunday, August 14, 2005

On weekends and fraking good TV shows

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take the chance?
Edgar Bergen
So here I am, working like a donkey to live like a ... Donkey? Classes already started and Ms. Mysterious has been pretty busy trying to make her brain work. Anyway, I'm grateful I have a job and I'll finally get some money to enjoy my crazy, wild weekends. YEAH! I'll be able to buy pizza and go to the movies and drink milk shakes 'till I fall in a comatose state! YEAHH!! Hugh Hefner would be so proud of me!*sigh* I'm such a geek.

What has happened in the last few days? Went to a fourteen year old birthday party and ate a lot of greasy tacos. Went stargazing and I fell asleep (I was able to watch five falling stars though. Amazing). It was great to wake up in the middle of nowhere, breathing clean air, watching a beautiful, blue sky. Later on that day, went to the Cirque du Soleil "Saltimbanco". Those guys are crazy. Really. And they sure as hell make fun of all the kids that go the Olympic Games. Then I arrived home, the real fun started. My heart craved this for days. It was the thing that kept me awake at night and gave me a reason to wake up in the morning... It was Saturday night, the day to see... GALACTICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*applause*

Okay, it was an exaggeration but still, Galactica rules! What can I say? Season two just keeps getting better and better. Remember that Adama gets shot by Boomer, The President's in jail, and Starbuck runs away to Caprica?
Things were pretty messy. Well, things are getting even worse. Col. Tigh's a drunk psycho and has declared martial law. He's been fraking up things this last four episodes, making impossible to predict what's going to happen next. Damn! This is one of the reasons why I love this show. The characters have changed, and now they're just a bizarro version of themselves. Apollo is a mean SOB, President Rosalin's getting help from her greatest enemy, Tom Zarek; Billy abandoned the president, the two minutes Adama was on screen one could tell he's not going to be as badass as before and Starbuck... Well, Starbuck's been pretty useless this last four episodes. It seems to me that she'll have a love story with the guy from Caprica..and... That's it! Everything's going smoothly. I love this show. One thing though: Someone needs to write something interesting for the whole Caprica plot and make Starbuck look good.

Now someone has to explain me one thing:
WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE WEEK TO SEE WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT??!!!!!!!

Frak.