Saturday, March 04, 2006

I can see the future, for I am... Ms. Mysterious!

Okay, I'm hungry and tired, so I'll go straight to the point: The Oscars. My predictions on who's going to win and who SHOULD win.
Here we go:

Actor in a leading role
Who should win: Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Even though I'm not really interested in the movie, let's admit it. He's one of the best actors of our generation. Period)
Who would probably win:
Heath Ledger (He's pretty cool as a gay cowboy, but he doesn't deserve an Oscar yet)

Actress in a leading role
Who should win: Felicity Hauffman - WOW.
Who would probably win: Reese Whiterspoon.

Animated Feature

Who should win and WILL win: WALLACE AND GROMIT!!!( Loooooovely moovie)
Cinematography
Who should win: Hmm. Although my heart is with Batman Begins, I'll go for Good night, and good luck. - Amazing movie. One of my favorites.
Who would probably win: Brokeback mountain

Costume Design
Who should win: Memoirs of a Geisha
Who would probably win: Memoirs of a Geisha

Directing
Who should win: My loyalty goes to Spielberg, but I just loved Good Night, good luck.
Who would probably win: Brokeback Mountain. Sadly. Boring movie. Slooow. Great performances, amazing shots, but way too long. Makeup
Who should win: Star Wars Episode 3
Who would probably win: The chronicles of Narnia
Music
Who should win: Memoirs of a Geisha - Hail Master John Williams!!
Who would probably win: Hopefully Geisha. PLEASE, please, don't let it be Brokeback Mountain. The music is BORING as hell. The guy just used three chords throughout the whole movie, for Christ sake!

Best Picture
Who should win: Good night, and good luck. Sorry, I just loved the movie. Great year for Clooney. Period. Although I wouldn't mind if Munich gets the Oscar. Love Spielberg.
Who would probably win: Brokeback Mountain. DAMN. Just because it's a story with hot gay cowboy sex. Damn, damn. Nothing against the topic, the thing is that it's a boring movie, people!

Sound editing and mixing
Who should win: War of the worlds
Who would probably win: King Kong

Visual effects
Who should win: War of the Worlds. Although I believe Kong itself is amazing, I hated how some of the effects looked cheap. (Remember the dinosaurs chasing the crew?)
Who would probably win: King Kong

Original Screenplay
Who should win: Good night, Good luck.
Who would probably win: Crash

Okay the rest of the nominations I really don't care who wins. So, here are my predictions. Maybe they're wrong, but who cares? I plan to enjoy Jon Stewart's sarcastic comments and survive the whole Oscars speeches thingy by playing my very own "Strip Oscar".
Anyway, I'm STARVING and I'm watching Back to the Future on TV. Enough bloggin for one night.