Sunday, July 23, 2006

First times are not always that nice

Ahoy!Now is the time for Captain Ms. Mysterious to rant about her sailing adventure with her faithful matey Mr. Marshmallow! Yaaarrr!
Yes, I do a lousy pirate talk. And I am also a lousy pirate at sea. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

So, to make this story short: First time sailing. I'm a terrible swimmer and I hardly go to the beach. But hey, since I'm in Kangarooland, I have to get to know a little of this forsaken country. We set sails from Airlie Beach in a boat called Anaconda III along with 36 people, (including some sexy crew members). From there we sailed to the Whitsundays Islands, where we set foot in some beautiful beaches and did some snorkeling. But the big prize was to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef, which it wasn't assured we could get there, because of the harsh weather. But alas! our adventurous captain took us there and we managed to see some of the best fishes, corals and all the rest of the creepy underwater thingies. And yes, we had a greaat time. (Of course all of this was before I realized I was terribly sea sick and spent the rest of my trip dizzy and nauseous) Still, in spite of my annoying state I was able to do some great snorkeling and even watch some whales!
So as a first time experience it may not have been 100% enojoyable, but still, I don't regret doing it, even though three days later, my head still spins. I really have to thank Mr. Marshmallow for inviting me, taking care of me, and taking my hand for the hour and 45 minutes that we swam in the middle of the ocean, making me feel like Lois Lane flying with Superman. (I know, I'm a romantic) Anyway, HE is the Master now. You may call him...Captain.