Sunday, January 09, 2005

My Alias: Ms. Excuses

I know. I know. I'm not writing as much as usual. I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I've been quite busy trying to hide how unsuitable I'm for the job (I'll be a high school teacher, just imagine that). Also, Mr. Marshmallow man leaves in nine days, so this next week I'll be giving all those hugs and kisses that I won't give him 'till may or June that we see each other again.
Yeah, I'm a hopeless romantic. Sue me.

So, I saw ALIAS Episodes 1 & 2 - "Authorized Personnel Only", and let me tell you that after almost six months (?) without Sydney Bristow's adventures I was pretty excited to watch her and all the cast together again. I'm not going to spoil you the fun of watching it (in case you haven't) but to be honest, these first two episodes were not what I expected, and the ending was...Cheesy. I thought for a moment I was watching a cartoon. Ok no more complaining. Now the good things: Loved the new set. Loved how J.J. Abrams twisted the story all over again. Loved to see the tension between the characters. The bitterness. The love- hate situation. Oh, just like old times.
Anyway, I got a feeling that the fist four, five chapters are going to be quite mediocre, but after that, things will get back on track. I HOPE. I want an ALIAS interesting, with intelligent twists, explosions, gizmos and good fight choreographies. So please, please Mr. Abrams, don't screw it up! We need action! We need good bad guys! We need Alias as it used to be in seasons one and two! I want to be addicted again! AAAAALIAAAAS...AAAALIAAAAS....AAAAAALIAAAS