Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Is your neighbor a cylon?

The cylons are coming!!!! Yes, my dear sinners, my boyfriend, Mr. Marshmallow man is ashamed of me. I'm afraid to say it but...I'm a Battlestar Galactica fan. OOOH the shame!!
Hell, no! There's no shame about it! It's worst to say that you're a trekie, don't you think? Damn...I like Star Trek too.
Okay, let's move on, shall we?
I became aware that Battlestar Galactica existed just a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I know this is old news but remember, living in Numbtown is no picnic. Sometimes we're really cut off from true civilization. So, when I found that there was a TV show that was called just like the one that existed 25 years ago I decided to check it out. To my surprise, this Battlestar Galactica has everything a science fiction geek needs; An interesting and tight plot, with good action sequences (yeah, and by that I include space battles), scary robots and a nice set design (Hey, when you're watching a show that's supposed to be in the future, somewhere in the galaxy, you really need to feel that you're in space!). Something that really hooked me was to see how the actors are capable of showing the complexity and humanity in each of their characters. And you gotta love when a girl is the one that saves the day. Yeah. Some dames know how to pilot a spaceship.
So, in the end, I know I've only seen the two-part mini series, but hell, did I have fun! I promise to catch up with the next ten episodes, so you can complain about my new infatuation. In the meantime I could use some sleep. (I could use some vacations also...hmm)
G'nite!