Friday, September 16, 2005

It's Revolution Baby



Wow, that is all that I can say about the new, sexy, and extremely cool revolution controller. I am a fairly avid videogame player, or rather lapsed videogame player, as I haven't been able to play much lately. But even so, I own an x-box, and I like to keep abreast of the latest news, and games and so on. And I must say, that I am finding them a bit... well boring. I mean, there are just so many first person shooters, or driving games, or platformers that a guy like myself can play without getting bored.
So to say that I was a bit underwhelmed by the announcements of the next generation of consoles would be quite an understatement. Sure, the graphics on the systems are quite stunning, and they luke interesting, but once again, I'm only being offered first person shooters, driving games and platformers. I would probably have ended up buying one of the things, but, well at the same time, why? why would I want to buy more of the same? Some better visuals? more enemies per screen? hair on my characters? A controller shaped like a boomerang?
So I was quite surprised with Nintendo's offering. This is really cool. I love the possibilites of having a 3d mouse to use as a controller. The possibilites are really cool. Use the controller as a bat, paddle, fishing rod, gun, waterhose, steering wheel, joystick, bazooka, flytrap, dentist tools, kitchen knife for cutting sishi, drumsticks, flashlights, and it could still be used as a regular controller.
It is just so cool, and the posibilites are endless.
Viva la Revolution!!!