Friday, August 27, 2004

I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me!?

Damn good comic oh yes! I just finished reading The Losers first trade, -Ante up-, and hell, I like it. Andy Diggle and Jock created this story about a group of guys that used to work for the CIA, in black ops. This guys saw something really important (we still don't know what) so the CIA decided to terminate them. Their chopper went down in flames, but the Losers were not in it. Now that they have returned from the dead. They are pissed and they have nothing to lose. It's payback time baby!.
This is a great comic about power, espionage, corruption, and the love for the holy trinity: drugs, oil and arms. And yes, the bad guys are the same guys that are supposed to be protecting the American people. At the end of this trade we can read a declaration from a real life guy, Dennis Doyle, a former Chief of C.E.N.T.A.C. and mobile task force operations, D.E.A.: "In my 30-year history in the DEA and related agencies, the major targets of my investigations almost invariably turned out to be working for the CIA" Oh yes...I looooove freedom of speech.

The stories are action packed, and filled with conspiracy. The characters are great, people you wouldn't want to get mad at you, and yet, you'd have a great time with them in a barbacue. And the covers..ooooh the covers....a feast for my eyes!. Ok that's all for now. Go ahead and read Losers. And call me if you know how to join them. Yes, it would save me from these everlasting boring days here at Numbtown.