Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The meaning of life REVEALED!

My dear Mr. Marshmellow man sent me this link: http://life.shutterline.com/
Take a look. Let's just say that on the site they ask for words of wisdom, from anyone who's up to it. They're looking for someone to tell them what's the meaning of life. As you probably realized just now, there's not a correct answer. Everyone has their own perspective of what the purpose of life should be. Let's face it, we all are looking for meaning at some point of our lives. So, if there's someone out there reading this blog, and you hace a couple of minutes, give this Mysterious lady some lines of wisdom. Share with the world what you think about life. Let's help each other with this little mystery. So in the meantime, I'll tell you what I think.
The meaning of life is about..looking for the meaning of life. Yeah. Sounds dumb right? The thing is, there's not a definite answer. As human beings we're filled with doubts and fears, and because of that we'll always be searching for the things that make us feel more in contact with ourselves, with others. The things that make us feel unique. We'll try to make a difference in the lives of others, so we can feel our time here on earth is not being wasted. So we feel our lives are going somewhere.
Life goes on and sometimes the older you are, the less you understand things. Why is that? Because we complicate things. When we're kids, things are simple. Everything is new. Everything is exciting. So if you ask me again, what is the meaning of life I'll tell you this:Do the best you can, enjoying every second and every breath as it is your first, as it was your last. Stand up everytime you fall. Never give up. Learn to love and to be loved. Enjoy simple things, never taking anything for granted. I guess life's an adventure. Some days are good, others are bad. Battles are fought, some you win, some you lose.
But in the end what's important is to know that you gave your best. That no one could break you. That you remained true to yourself. And in the process, that you touched the lives of others.

So, this is not the ultimate answer, this is just my humble opinion. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow I'll have another answer. Maybe tomorrow I'll believe that the meaning of life is to eat pizza. In the meantime I'll go. There are some demons that have been haunting me for quite some time now. It's time to end this battle. I'm tired. I'll give the suckers what they deserve. And if I loose....guess tomorrow I can start all over again.
As drummer god Neil Peart said: You can fight without ever winning, but you can never win without a fight.

I'll try to keep that in mind.