Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Words of a sleepy, contemplative Ms. Mysterious

Life is tricky. Here we are, strange creatures in a strange world, trying to survive day by day, trying to understand our mission in life. Our destiny.
If you can fly, run faster than a train and leap tall buildings in a single bounce, then it's easy to know what your mission is. If you're like the rest of us, regular humans, then it's most probable that you're basically...LOST.
So what do we do? We try to make our short journey through this earth worthwhile. We look for the magic in our lives. This is the moment when you say "What the hell is she talking about? Magic? Should I look for David Copperfield? David Blaine? Is she under medication?
No, sinners. Not under medication (at least not yet). Just in a really corny mood.

It's just one of those boring days, where you have to sit down for a moment and try to find some meaning in life. When you look around and you realize that even though things are not bad, they're not what you once planned. Once again I became aware that a combination of Unexpected things and poor planning lead me where I am. I'm not complaining. I'm just trying to understand things. Also I'm in an honest mood. Damn, maybe I just need to write something.

Things not always make sense, and beyond all that confusion you have to find the thing that keeps you sane. Balanced. The thing that makes you forgive yourself for the stupid things you've done, or the things you should have done. So, I looked for it. For the magic in my life, for the thing that helps me wake up every morning. And guess what was it? Friendship. Yeah, I told you I was in a corny, contemplative mood. Don't complain if you kept reading this far.
Friends give you hope and strength. They make you see how stupid you can be sometimes, and help you to be a better person. They believe in you, even when you don't believe in yourself. The forgive and forget. Everything is an adventure, even if you only go to buy an ice-cream cone, if you lie down on the dirt watching stars, if you sit down in the same room reading your favorite comic books without saying a single word, or if you vegetate all day watching movies together. It doesn't matter what you do: every minute is worth it.

So, yeah, I'm writing stupid, emotional and irrelevant things. That happens when you realize how boring and empty your life can be without the people you love next to you. Also, I just needed to feel something. Sometimes I just feel Numbtown sucks all my energy and emotions. That I'm here without being here. Die Numbtown, DIE!!!

I guess I feel better now.