Monday, December 26, 2005

Elvis is the Antichrist! Repent, repent!

I was checking metafilter when something caught my attention: A site called MAN = Mothers against noise. According to MAN "Noise is music that uses unpleasant or painful or extremely loud or discordant sound. Noise is also a very dangerous musical trend that is hell bent on destroying civilized culture, this anti-cultural movement is quickly sweeping the globe, and is very dangerous to our youth."

Heh, Heh. Please, remain calm. Try not to laugh too hard. I'm not through yet; "Noise Music Embraces: Rebellion, Violence, Nihilism, Escapism, Drugs, Alcoholism, Perversion" yadda yadda yadda...

Hmm..Now I get it! That explains why every time I listen to Radiohead I start planning how to take over the world, kill everyone that I hate while I have an endless orgy of sex, drugs and booze.

I don't know if the site is a hoax, but even though is not real, but it reminded me of my old job. I used to work in a Catholic School here in Numbtown, and one of the many reasons I don't work there anymore is because I had an activity that involved my students showing their classmates their favorite song, explaining the lyrics and what it meant to them. Yes, rock, noisy music was included. What happened? The Principal and a bunch of other incompetent elements complained. They were outraged and convinced that the music my thirteen year old students were listening were destroying their poor, innocent souls. Yes, sinners, there are still some primitive and narrow minded beings living among us. Beware.