Monday, January 30, 2006

RIP ______(person that died) in Smallville. MEGA SNIFF

Okay in case you haven't seen Smallville episode 12 "Reckoning" it's still time for you to stop reading this post, because tonight I'll cry and spoil who dies in Smallville.
I know, maybe this is old news for you, but I just saw the episode and I'm REALLY really sad and depressed. Even my plush toys are depressed.

WHY DID JONATHAN KENT HAD TO DIE!!??????

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Since I found out that someone was going to die, I've been making bets with Mr. Marshmallow. He thought it was Lana. I always thought it was going to be papa Kent. It sounded pretty obvious. Lana couldn't die, she's the love interest. Chloe already "died". Lois is future Mrs. Superman, so nope. Mama Kent didn't die in the movie. Pete is out of town. Lex is the bad guy, without him there's no Smallville. So who was the expendable character? Dear good 'ol boy Jonathan Kent.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I insist. I'm really really sad. I know you're probably saying "He's just a character you pathetic geek! Get a life!" and I know he's just a character, but still, I loved everything he represented. I good husband and father, willing to do everything and anything for his family. An honorable, ethic person with values. Plus he was handsome as hell and he had a farm (I had a thing with farms)
How many TV characters do you know that are actually a good role model, someone you would never like to disappoint? I don't know, I guess it reminds me of my own parents. They have a great relationship and it breaks my heart to see two soul mates (even though it's on TV, dammit!) separated by death. Maybe I just think about my parents and who will go first. Sue me, I'm on the other side of the world, my first month far away from home. I don't know, I guess in a way Jonathan and Martha Kent are the only husband and wife relationship in comic books and TV that actually work.
Okay and about this episode, I just LOVED the way he dies. Defending his family. The funeral was sad, but perfect. And then, the bastards had the perfect soundtrack for the funeral. When I heard "I Grieve" by Peter Gabriel I felt so perfectly depressed...

Anyway, I'm really going to miss Papa Kent. Really. DAMMIT! The show won't be the same without him. Now I'll go and eat a bag of cookies or something to numb the pain.

Sniff.

Yup. I'm a wimp.