Tuesday, January 31, 2006

And the nominated are...

I have a good time watching the Oscars when the Academy manages to get his hands on a good host. (Otherwise it's most likely to be a long and boring event) My favorite has always been Billy Crystal and all this years I've longed for someone that can fill his shoes. You have no idea how happy I was when I knew that Jon Stewart would be the host this year. He has the perfect twisted mind to make this eternal show entertaining.
Anyway, the nominations are here!
I have a LOT of catching up to do, since I've only watched Munich from the nominated for best picture. I'll tell you later my theories about who's going to win, but for now, watch the list and go to the movies. Start preparing your stash of popcorn and rotten tomatoes so you can throw them when your favorite nominated loses. March 5th is just around the corner my dear sinners. Be prepared. It's going to be a long night.

BEST PICTURE
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Crash
Good Night, and Good Luck
Munich

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Philip Seymour Hoffman - "Capote"
Terrence Howard - "Hustle and Flow"
Heath Ledger - "Brokeback Mountain"
Joaquin Phoenix - "Walk the Line"
David Strathairn - "Good Night, and Good Luck"

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Judi Dench - "Mrs. Henderson Presents"
Felicity Huffman - "Transamerica"
Keira Knightley - "Pride and Prejudice"
Charlize Theron - "North Country"
Reese Witherspoon - "Walk the Line"

DIRECTING
George Clooney - "Good Night and Good Luck"
Paul Haggis - "Crash"
Ang Lee - "Brokeback Mountain"
Bennett Miller - "Capote"
Steven Spielberg - "Munich"


Check the rest of the nominations here.